Kayak Guiding Services in Everglades City
Are you visiting Naples yet interested in exploring the Florida Everglades and the Ten Thousand Islands? Then come to Everglades City, which is considered to be the vantage point for exploring the Western Everglades, including the 10,000 Islands and Big Cypress National Preserve! There are several ways to explore the local natural splendor, however, one of the best ways is via kayak.
This is because kayaks make it much easier to navigate through narrow water routes surrounded by mangroves, and enable visitors a stronger, more viable chance to see animals in their natural habitat in a way that isn’t possible on a motor boat or an airboat! If you are an experienced kayaker, you can always rent a kayak and explore on your own.
However, to get the best out of your visit to the Florida Everglades, you might want to take a guided kayak tour through the area.
Here is our list of the ten best kayak guiding services available in Everglades City that can help get you out there, whether you are an expert kayaker or have never seen a kayak before.
1. Everglades Adventure Tours – Located off of Tamiami Trail East in the heart of Big Cypress National Preserve, Everglades Adventure Tours offers internationally recognized guided pole boat tours, guided kayak tours, guided canoe tours, guided SUP tours, and guided swamp walks!
They have been written about in the Boston Globe, major magazines about kayaking, and are mentioned in Lonely Planet as the tour company of choice during your visit to Everglades City. Their tours can be taken through Big Cypress National Preserve or Everglades National Park, with an experienced local guide.
They are most known for their guided pole boat tours, which mimic the skiffs and canoes that the early European settlers and Seminoles used when they first came to the Everglades centuries ago. However, their guided kayak tours are unique in regards to that it is one of the few that will take you through Big Cypress National Preserve.
In addition to their guided tours, they offer kayak and canoe rentals, own their own camp grounds featuring chickee huts and swamp cabins for a luxury camping experience. For more information, please visit their website at www.evergladesdaventuretours.net.
2. Ivy House – The Ivy House is not only a bed and breakfast that is historically and culturally an integral part of Everglades City. It also has one of the best kayaking canoe guided tours in the area. You don’t have to be a guest to enjoy their kayaking/canoeing amenities, which include kayak and canoe rentals, and a menu of guided tours that will take you through Everglades National Park and down the Barron River to the Gulf of Mexico. For more information, please visit their website at http://iveyhouse.com/.
3. Shurr Adventures – This is considered to be one of the most pioneering, engaging kayaking tour companies in Everglades City. Their range of tours include shorter trips, where you travel for two hours around the Everglades or the Ten Thousand Islands, to an entire day. They’re well-known for their combo trips, which enables visitors a full day’s worth of exploring the Everglades ecosystem and a break at a local, waterfront restaurant. For more information on this company, please visit their website at http://www.shurradventures.net/shurradventures/Welcome.html.
4. Everglades Area Tours – Located in the heart of Chokoloskee, in an old general store/restaurant that used to be known as JT’s, Everglades Area Tours offers guided kayak tours of the ten thousand islands and of the Everglades. They are well-known for their eco-tours, which are led by a naturalist who will show you where to best see local animals, like manatees, dolphins, local birds like herons, visiting birds like rosette spoonbills, sea turtles, alligators, maybe even a shark or two! They also offer kayak rentals, and will launch a tour with you either from Marco Island or from Chokoloskee. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.evergladesareatours.com/kayak_tours.htm.
5. Everglades Kayak Company – Affiliated with Naples Outfitters and Glades Haven, Everglades Kayak Company offers high quality equipment for their guided kayak tours and kayak rentals. Their tours include interpretive visits to major areas within Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve, including Half-way Creek, Sea Grape, Turner River, and the East River. Guided tours can be for a full day or half-day. Most tours depart from the Glades Haven Marina; however, if a tour departs from another area, Everglades Kayak Company will shuttle you there. For more information, please visit their website at http://evergladeskayakcompany.com/.
6. Tour the Glades – This company promises to give its visitors the ultimate back country tour of the Everglades, and its tours reflect this promise. Tour of the Glades offers a kayak backcountry tour, that offers guests a 3.5 hour tour through the backcountry of Everglades National Park. You can also partner your 3.5 hour kayak tour with their motorboat eco tour, so that you can visit the 10,000 Islands properly. They have been rated continuously on Trip Advisor as one of the most recommended guided kayak tour companies in Everglades City. For more information, please visit their website at http://tourtheglades.com/.
7. Jenny’s Eco Everglades Wilderness Tours – These tours are led by a former Park ranger through Everglades National Park and the 10,000 Islands. The guided aspect of the tours promises to give visitors the chance to learn about the ecology of the Everglades and the 10,000 Islands. Choice of guided tours includes one through the mangroves, and another through the 10,000 Islands. For more information, please visit their website at https://www.ecoeverglades.com/kayak-tours.html.
8. Florida Outdoor Adventures – Florida Outdoor Adventures offers intense, full day+ guided tours of Everglades National Park, the 10,000 Islands and a little bit of the Gulf of Mexico. Your tour guide will follow you all day long, showing you the way, pointing out to you different animals and tidbits about the local ecosystem, and help you enjoy the best out of your kayaking trip to the Everglades. They do not recommend their trips for beginning kayakers or small children. However, if you are an experienced kayaker, who wants an ultimate guided experience through the Everglades, this might be the tour for you! For more information, please visit their website at http://www.everglades-kayak.com/.
9. Everglades Boat Tours – This company offers boat guided kayak tours that offers a 3.5 hour eco tour through Everglades National Park. This tour is open up to six people, so this is a great tour for someone who wants to take a kayak tour if they are traveling alone yet doesn’t want to kayak alone. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.everglades-boattours.com/boat_assisted.html
10. Everglades Backcountry Experience –Local tour guide and licensed captain Rodney Raffield offers a back country kayaking option, that is quite affordable yet a very informative option for larger, private groups. The tour lasts 2 hours, and is open to groups of six or more. Groups who go on Captain Raffield’s tours will have the chance to manatees, dolphins, and local birds within Everglades National Park and the 10,000 Islands. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.kayakfishingtheeverglades.com/.
About Naples Florida Vacation Homes
Are you frustrated trying to find a rental for season? Look no more, and secure your stay with Naples Florida Vacation Homes! We provide seasonal, and nightly vacation rentals in Naples finest golf and beach communities throughout Collier County, Florida. We can also rent your Naples property!