If you’re traveling to Naples for a fishing trip, there’s no need to worry about transporting all of your equipment and supplies with you. Like many exceptional coastal communities, Naples, Florida has several ways to experience the amazing fishing you’ll find on the Paradise Coast. This guide will point you in the direction of some of the best Naples fishing charter companies and give you few tips on securing your boat. Follow these simple steps and plan the Naples fishing trip of your dreams!
How to Book a Great Naples Fishing Charter
Find a Fishing Charter Company
Of course, an internet search will return many Naples fishing charter companies. An even better way to go about booking the best boat for your trip is to ask a local at one of the marina’s, or the management company you’re renting your vacation rental from. This will help give you a more accurate sense of what each company has to offer. Start with this list of a few of our favorite charters:
- Naples Saltwater Fishing (Captain Tony Fontana)
- A&B Charters
- Ms. B Haven Charters
- Naples Fishing Charters
- Naples Deep Sea Fishing
- Tarpon Tamer Charters
- Outgoing Charters
- Pure Naples
Contact the Company Directly
Contacting your Naples fishing charter directly allows you to ask more questions about their policies and equipment. Depending on your specific needs, here are a few questions you should consider asking when you call:
- Do I need a fishing license?
- Do I need to bring my own gear?
- What are your booking and safety policies? What safety gear do you provide?
- Where do I meet up with the boat?
- Are your charters kid/dog-friendly?
- Can I keep my fish?
- Do you have fish cleaning facilities on your boats?
- Are your guides native to the area? If not, how long have they been here? (For a more authentic experience, look for guides who have come from generations of people native to Naples. They know the best fishing spots and can give you tips to help you become a better angler. They also have the best fishing stories!)
- What days/times are best for booking a trip with your company? (We generally recommend booking your trip for early in the morning, around 6 or 7 am. Also, try to book between Monday and Thursday, since weekend and afternoon trips tend to fill up quickly.)
Book Your Trip
As you talk to each company, consider the size of your party, whether or not kids or pets will be on board, whether the boat will have a licensure that covers all of the passengers, etc. Once you’ve found the Naples fishing charter that works best for you, don’t wait. Reserve your spot as soon as you can!
Show Up at the Marina Ready
If the charter you have chosen provides fishing gear and safety equipment, all you’ll need to bring with you is bottled water, snacks, and plenty of sunscreen. Make sure to apply it beforehand, and encourage everyone else to do so as well.
Take Lots of Pictures
Enjoy your trip and remember to take pictures! Chat with your party and your guide, catch lots of fish and have a wonderful time on your Naples fishing charter! Your trip is sure to create lots of memories and great stories, help you improve your fishing technique, and provide you with lots of fish to enjoy after you disembark!
*Bonus Tip: Wear Proper Attire
Ask your fishing charter what you should wear to make sure you get any specific items. Generally, light, comfortable clothing is best. Choose items that are breathable and light in color, as they’ll hold less of the sun’s heat. Closed-toe shoes are a must – sneakers or galoshes are best. They’ll protect your feet from misplaced hooks or fish with teeth, and help keep you from falling if the floor of the boat gets slippery.
Relax at a Naples Florida Vacation Home
When you’ve had an amazing day casting lines from your Naples fishing charter, come relax at a gorgeous Naples Florida Vacation Home. You won’t even have to leave the leave the water! When you stay in the Canal Grande Waterfront, you’ll have access to the bay just steps from the back door! It also has a wonderful swimming pool and is newly remodeled, guaranteeing a luxurious, modern experience. Contact us today to find out more about the Canal Grande or our other rentals, and start counting down to an amazing trip. We look forward to helping you find your dream vacation home!