Can you think of anything more exciting than a trip on a yacht in the Gulf of Mexico? If this is something you’ve been dreaming about, it’s safe to assume you have a few questions on your mind before chartering a yacht in Naples, FL.
Naples is one of Florida’s most popular vacation destination in Southwest Florida, offering plenty opportunities to explore areas natural beauty such as the long, winding, intimate white sand beaches or the breathtaking Everglades National Park.
Enjoy ultimate comfort and opulence and the highest crew to passenger ratio aboard a yacht. Do you want to beat the heat during an offshore fishing adventure along the Paradise Coast? Yachts can provide climate-controlled cabins that assure you the best offshore fishing adventure available in Naples.
Questions to Ask
One of the most important points of consideration is the cost. Here are three questions you’ll need to address:
- What is the average cost to charter a yacht?
- What does the rate include? (this can vary from one company to the next)
- Are there any additional fees to plan for?
The cost of a yacht charter is based largely on these factors:
- Type of yacht
- Base cost
- Local taxes
- Level of service
- Length of your trip
With so many variables, it’s easy to see why charters typically range in price from $10,000 to $100,000+ per week.
All-Inclusive or Plus Expenses?
As you plan your trip, you’ll come across two basic types of crewed yacht charters:
- All-inclusive. The rate you pay includes everything, with the exception of taxes and dockage.
- Plus expenses. With a larger yacht, for example, you’ll also have to pay a variety of running expenses. Additional expenses – such as food, drinks, food, taxes, and dockage – are charged separately.
If you’re the type of person who wants to know your costs upfront, an all-inclusive yacht charter is the way to go. However, if you have some flexibility with your budget, you may want to consider a plus expenses charter.
Factors that Impact Price
To start, it’s important to note that every company or yacht owner has the right to set its own prices. Here are the three factors that have the biggest impact on price:
- The yacht. How big is the boat? What year was it built? What type of amenities does it offer? There is a big difference in price when comparing an 80 foot sailing yacht and a 150 foot motor yacht.
- Destination. Lower prices are often found in regions with a lot of competition, such as the Caribbean. If you want to charter a yacht in a less traveled body of water, you can expect to pay more money.
- Season. Time of the year can have a big impact on cost, with prices typically peaking during high season. For example, yacht charter traffic picks up in the Caribbean during the winter months.
Ask These Questions
Now that you have a basic idea of the cost to charter a yacht, you can begin to plan your trip. When chatting with a yacht charter company, here are some of the many questions to ask:
- Can you explain the many types of yachts that you offer?
- Can you provide a breakdown of what I get in return for my money?
- Are there any additional costs or fees to plan for?
- Do you have any suggestions in regards to destination and stops along the way?
By asking these questions, among any others that are on your mind, you’ll find it easier to decide on the perfect yacht for your trip.
Yacht Charters in Naples
Below are a few charter companies with local offices in Southwest Florida. With inventory even including Superyachts for the ultimate adventure on the waterways of Southwest Florida.
Image Yacht Charters
Phone: (845) 313-6027
Naples Nantucket Yacht Group
Phone: (239) 331-6868
Phone: (239) 352-5552